Sunday, September 4, 2011

My own notebook

Hawk already told you most of that happened Friday night. Hypnos' minions attacked just as he said they would.
The ones that came for the back door didn't waste time trying to look for traps. They tried to barge right in, and as a result we have a new addition tied up to a chair in a side room. The others immediately attacked me. The first shot at me twice with a small handgun. One connected with my left arm, enough to make me scream in frustration. And then...I swung my sword at him. I was just reacting to being attacked, but my instincts.. I cut him across the neck, and he dropped. I didn't have time to check him. The other proxy set on me immediately. With a claymore that, in his hands, looked just like a normal broadsword. Damn, he was big. And very, very strong. I don't know how long the fight lasted. He swung so hard a few times that I was smashed against the back wall. I managed to maneuver him further out into the back, where there was more room for me to basically dodge him until he ran off, for some reason. Covered in blood, and I'm not quite sure whose, I ran back inside to check on Hawk and Skan.
Apparently, they were upstairs using the catapult without me. The rest of that night, I think, has already been stated. Battle-high, indeed...

After we'd calmed down a bit, I remembered the fallen proxy. When I went to check on him, he was dead. I didn't mean to kill him. I didn't want to...But I did. I have killed before, but it never bothered me to do so. Until then. The death of this proxy at my hands bothers me greatly.
I'm not going to say that it will never happen again, because it might happen again. I hope it doesn't have to happen again.

I have read of many different ways people remember those they have killed, or caused to be killed. Some wear necklaces, some write stories in a book. Pain is a better reminder for me. There is a cut on my left forearm now, a single small line that will become a scar. To remember. This is will be my notebook.


2 comments:

  1. So that's what that cut was for. I thought it was a little too straight for a battle wound.
    Don't lose your edge. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Hawk. I've still got it.

    ReplyDelete