Thursday, July 28, 2011

I thought I was going to die. I really did. I have never fought a person hand-to-hand like that. There was something all wrong about this fight though. Something making my arms and legs feel heavy and uncoordinated. It was very strange. I should have been able to take this crippled soldier, if not easily then at least more effectively than I did. Part of me wonders if HE was there and I just didn't notice?

That aside, I found myself able to stand up and walk a bit on my own today. I found a mirror in the basement and was shocked to see myself in this state...There are 'bandages', bruises and dried blood everywhere. I've got scraps of old t-shirt wrapped around my hand, arms and head. I look like an absolute wreck at the moment. And, I hate to say it, but I really need a shower. But since Hawk burned the house down, guess what we don't have? Oh well. The garden hose will have to do.

I think what he did was genius, personally. I admire the way he thinks under pressure. You're almost as good as me, Hawk. :) My one hope is that he burned that bastard, and maybe his friends too.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen how people who encounter Him seem to freeze up. The best advice I've seen, and probably the easiest for most people, is choose some token on which to focus in order to break yourself out of whatever mental fugue He's thrown you in. I've seen the token recommended most in getting back your hijacked dreams, but considering the dreamlike state He puts His victims in, it couldn't hurt. I'll recommend this to Black Hawk too. I do it differently, but I don't know that I could adequately explain it so you could learn to do it my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good thought actually. I didn't even think about the fact that our faceless friend could have been there somewhere. Just because we didn't see Him doesn't mean a thing.

    And good luck with the garden hose. I think it melted.

    ReplyDelete